It's race week in Fargo. The Fargo Marathon means this is one of the most buzzed about weeks of the entire year. This is not just a mother marathon however - it's the 10th anniversary - and my 5th anniversary of running the half marathon.
Over the years, I have learned a lot. What to do...and what not to do.
Let's start with what TO do:
- TRAIN (which I have not done a good job at. At all!)
- Get a plenty of sleep
- Drink a lot of water prior the race
- Buy a cute outfit the day before the race for good luck:)
Now...what NOT to do:
- Apply a self-applied spray tan to my face
- Experiment with make-up (i.e. waterproof)
- Indulge in a big bowl of frozen yogurt the night before the race
- Eat a steak the night before the race
I won't divulge too much. However, I will tell you that I completed the 4th item under 'What TO do!'
I can't wait for tomorrow! I am looking forward to a new route; the crowd cheering us on - and running with my BFFL. (Best Friend for Life)