PIERRE, S.D. (KELO-AM) - The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Commission has finalized most big-game hunting season dates for 2013 with no changes from 2012.
The commission sets season dates in the early spring to give hunters a chance to plan their fall schedules. The season structure, including license numbers, will be set in coming months.
Season dates for this year include:
- Pheasant, Oct. 19-Jan. 5
- Youth Pheasant, Oct. 5-9
- Resident Only Pheasant, Oct. 12-14
- Grouse/Partridge, Sept. 21-Jan. 5
- Mourning Dove, Sept. 1-Nov. 9
- Fall Turkey, Oct. 1-Jan. 31
- Archery Antelope, Aug. 17-Sept. 27 and Oct. 14-31
- Firearms Antelope, Sept. 28-Oct. 13
- Black Hills Archery Elk, Sept. 1-30
- Black Hills Firearms Elk, Oct. 1-31 and December 1-15
- Archery Deer, Sept. 28-Jan. 15
- Youth Deer, Sept. 14-Jan. 15
- Black Hills Dee, Nov. 1-30
- West River Deer, Nov. 16-Dec. 1
- East River Deer, Nov. 23-Dec. 8
- Muzzleloader Deer, Dec. 1-Jan. 15
Deer and antelope tag allocations, waterfowl, sage grouse, and the mountain lion season, as well as new state laws will be addressed at upcoming commission meetings.