About the Show
Music to get you going each morning, local and national news, weather updates every 10 minutes, Hollywood gossip reports, call-in contests, and the best way to wake up each morning.
Like many others in radio, I bounced around a lot before finding myself here in Sioux Falls!
I grew up an ARMY brat in Colorado Springs, CO.
After high school I played soccer at Hastings College in Nebraska. That's where I discovered I could not only be part of the campus radio and tv stations, but make a degree out of it as well!
I landed my first real radio job at age 19-and am happy to still be doing what I love!
I love sports and keep up with all the latest health info. You might also get to know me as Christy Nail'her on the Sioux Falls Roller Dollz
Born in Minneapolis, grew up in southeastern Minnesota in a town about one hour east of Rochester … Winona. Graduated Winona State University in 1985 and began my radio journey across the country.
Career stuff: The radio business has employed me in some great cities across our nation – in this order: Winona, MN; LaCrosse, WI; Rockford, IL; Omaha, NE; San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Indianapolis, IN; Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; Milwaukee, WI and now the hidden jewel of the Midwest, Sioux Falls!
Family: I met my wife, Sue Bass, in San Diego in 1993. In 1995 we married and now have two teenage daughters.
Hobbies: Reading, writing comedy sketches that I regularly submit to the TV networks. I love to hunt and fish. We have a cabin on the Mississippi River in Minnesota near the town of Wabasha (the town was the subject of the hit movie ‘Grumpy Old Men’) and the family spends lots of time there every summer. We enjoy nights around the campfire, long boat rides, skiing, fishing and playing on the mighty Mississippi River.
Pet Peeves: people who don’t use their turn signals; people who blow their snow into the street instead of into their yards, people who water their lawns when it’s not needed, people who throw their cigarette butts out their car windows or on the ground and my neighbor.
- Next time this deer should use the door Posted in Blogs › The Great Outdoors
- Healthy Snacks on the Go Posted in Blogs › Health & Fitness
- It's All About Yogurt Posted in Blogs › Health & Fitness
- Paul McCartney and Grasshoppers Posted in Blogs › Tom's Blog Thing
- Wood ticks are everywhere! Posted in Blogs › The Great Outdoors
- Glad the snow is finally gone Posted in Blogs › Tom's Blog Thing
- Couch to 5k Posted in Blogs › Christy's Blog
- Five bearded Wild Turkey Posted in Blogs › The Great Outdoors
- There's magic in the house Posted in Blogs › Tom's Blog Thing
- Christy's Fitness Fix: Ways to Eat Less Posted in Blogs › Christy's Blog
- Snow in mid April - why? Posted in Blogs › Tom's Blog Thing
- My Wife's Birthday and the Boston Marathon AND Tax Day Posted in Blogs › Tom's Blog Thing